Please suggest/ping here me any tips if you have which comes handy while working.
Will add it up here.
1. Re-arrange the columns in SDSF:
Go TO SDSF => In command line type "arr ?"
This will bring the complete list of SDSF column names.
You can move the columns using "/" and "//".
2.Freezing columns using File-Aid:
Open the file in File-Aid (Use VFMT format )
If we want to freeze columns(fields) 1,2,3, and 6 and have the rest as scroll able issue command HOLD 1-3,6
3. Way to issue the FIND command to find the values that are less than or greater than 'certain value' at particular column
Simply opening a file in 3.4 option wont allow us to do a relational file like this.But File -Aid allows to issue FIND command like below.
e.g., FIND LT '100' 20 ALL.
We can use EQ, NE, LT, GT, LE and GE as well
4. To Open a dataset, we usually use ISPF 3.4. To open PS or PDS member in EDIT/VIEW/BROWSE mode from any command line use the following:
To open the DS in edit mode: Type EPDF ‘MYID.MYPS’ in the command line.
To open the DS in view mode: Type EPDF 'MYID.MYPS' VIEW in the command line.
5. Finding specific member names from a PDS which contains many members.
In ISPF 3.4, give the command M /(*LD), in the ‘Command’ area (in front of the PDS name).
You will be presented with the DSLIST screen showing only the members in the PDS which end with ‘LD’
If you want the list of all the members which ‘ABC’ anywhere in the member name - Issue the command – M /(*ABC*).
6.we need to find a member in a PDS,but don’t know the PDS to which it belongs. I only know the high
level qualifier of the PDS.
For example, lets consider high level Qualifier as MYID.MYPDS.* and member as MEM1
1. Go to 3.4 and list all PDS with MYID.MYPDS.*
2. Now type , MEMBER MEM1 on the command line
7. Word Wrap like notepad in mainframe? possible?
Yes, absolutely.Suppose my file length is 100 and i want to wrap upto 50 chars per line of record. This is how i do it.
1.Open the dataset in ISPF EDIT mode.
2.In the first line, issue the line command: TF50 (as in this case I want to wrap to 50 chars per
3.All records in the file will wrap to 50 chars per line.